Search in this blog

miércoles, 25 de junio de 2008

Red Wine from Vall Lach (D.O. Priorat)

I always thought that Ribera del Duero was the best wine in the world.

One day I discovered "Les Terrasses" and I changed my oppinion about Ribera del Duero (which tends to be sweeter than Priorat) and about the "classical" Priorat wines, such as Scala Dei, which is OK but not outstanding.

My good friend Jorge Castro has also something to do with my good oppinion of Priorat (thanks for the Abellars Bottle. It is amazing and hard to find!)

This post is a tribute to the outstanding Embruix, from Vall Llach. Nice name for an outstanding wine!

Now it is very clear for me: if you do not try to balance quality/price ratio, go for Priorat. If you try to balance it, go for Toro wine. In a few years it will be at the same level (or even higher) than Ribera del Duero.

Next step, thanks to my friend Josep A. M., : Idus

cheers!

No hay comentarios: