Search in this blog

lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

Numanthia 2002

Numanthia 2002
One more time, I think that the DO Toro wine made by people from La Rioja (in this case, the Eguren family) is a shame. They destroy the good reputation of Toro wines. This is the third time in my life that I taste Numanthia (its price is higher than 30 eur per bottle) and I must say that the quality is a shame. I compared it with San Román 2006, and San Roman is thousands of times better. SAme situation with the outstanding Pintia. It is very clear that people from DO Ribera del Duero can do a much better job than people from Rioja. I cannot find something remarkable in this wine, which is quite acide, bad smell, and extremely expensive. Even the color, when compared with San Román: Numanthia is dead, San Roman is very alive.

No hay comentarios: