Search in this blog

viernes, 27 de junio de 2008

Italian versus Spanish Coffee

this post is dedicated to my good friend Anna E., the best chairwoman in the world!

I do appreciate Italian products (you just need to look at my previous posts).

I do appreciate the packet of Segafredo coffee (although I prefer Illy) that Anna gave to me. However, in my oppinion, although Italian coffee is stronger (due to the lesser amount of water), I prefer MY coffee.

I do not mean marcilla, bonka, saimaza, and all this stuff, I mean the special shops with a large selection of coffee. In my case, my favourite shop for buying is tostaderos bon mercat, in Baixada de la llibreteria. It is also my second favourite place for drinking coffee.
http://barcelona.salir.com/tostaderos_bon_mercat_baixada_llibreteria
In this same street you will find "el mesón del café", My favourite place to take a coffee. It is a small place with a special atmosphere. In fact, it is believed that they have one of the oldest coffee-machines in Barcelona.
http://barcelona.lanetro.com/guia/sitios/fichasitio.cfm?CodigoSitio=18832&IdTipo=56

Yo can see it here

and a more panoramic view of this "piccolo" place.

1 comentario:

Teresa L. Soto dijo...

I have realized that I also like fast-coffee, like Tim Hortons, in Canada. www.timhortons.com

The coffee is always at the right temperature (although the pastries are really bad, but eadible). It is amazing to see how an entire country lines outside to get their daily Tim Hortons coffee. It is a Canadian ritual. If you follow it, you soon feel you belong to the country.

Go Canadian!