Search in this blog

sábado, 28 de junio de 2008

A wine from l'Alguer

Il Nuraghe
Specialita tipiche sarde
Via Mazzini 58
Pisa, Italy


I remember the restaurant quite well, although I was there several years ago.

The sample menu is outstanding. Unfortunately, I do not have photos of the dishes. I only took a photo of an outstanding wine that still keeps the catalan name for grape (raïm. In fact it should be written in this way, but now, italians do not take too much care about accents). In fact, l'Alguer is one of the places where catalan is spoken.


It is also worth to taste the Mirto spirit (molto perfumato!)

2 comentarios:

Teresa L. Soto dijo...

Going on with my contrastive commentaries after my Canadian visit...

An amazing system these Canadians have. Because they of course lack warm climates (while the Mediterranean is so lucky ...) they have come up with a great idea: right when the grapes are ready to be picked up, they sparkle the vineyards with water keeping the grape "safe" inside. Then, when the grapes are completely frozen, they pick them up and make this very good iced wine (white).

This is not, however, an original Canadian idea. Germans have been producing their eiswein for a long time before it was introduced in the Niagara Peninsula (Ontario) and the Okanagan in British Columbia.

The resulting wine is very sweet. I really like it (although I come from Montilla-Moriles dry wine area...) (Never really liked the Montilla-Moriles, though)

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_wine

I would not recommend Canadian red wine...

mindchild dijo...

We also produce this kind of wine in Penedès. Just follow the link to wines and "vi de gel"
http://www.gramona.com/web/english/productos.php

It is both, outstanding and expensive ;-)