Search in this blog

domingo, 26 de octubre de 2008

U Parasutistu

U Parasutistu
Resslova 7, Prague
In my opinion, this is an authentic place, outside the touristic area (although close to the "dancing buildings").
You will feel the real Czech Republic here. Authentic atmosphere and cheap products. It is worth to enphasize the outstanding dark beer. Very aromathic and easy-to-drink (low amount of gas and alcohol)

A sample of the menu
blond beer (not specially good)
dark beer (outstanding!)

assorted cheese
excellent fresh salmon
potato and camembert cheese (too heavy for the stomach)

2 comentarios:

poldy bloom dijo...

I agree with you, Kozel beer is great! It is by far the best dark beer I've ever tasted. I specially like its subtle sweet taste. Cheers!

Keir dijo...

Fortunately the wife suggested we have a rest here after having made our pilgrimage to the St. Cyril and St. Methodious church next door where the parachutists were savagely cornered and killed by the Gestapo in 1942, hence the name and the remarkable decor. Although my blog is concerned with current Nazi-era sites in Germany, I'll have to add this to it. Not too sure about the service, but the food (and black beer once they gave me the right one) was terrific- and cheap!